Saturday, September 02, 2006

No thanks Grove..

I'm always excited about Saturday's long runs... Good pals, good times, But this week was the Grove route, I've never been a big fan. Grove always seems to leave my legs hurting alot more than they should for a 14 miler.. It must be all the cement. So leaving Runtex to the trail, the pack of Gazelles went right and a handful of us went left. Opting instead for a repeat of last week's Exposition and Speedway route. It was four in all, Kenny H., Ashley G, and Michael S. Michael left his legs at the Fila relays from the night before so was dragging a little, Kenny pushed a good pace early, and although it was a bit steamy at the beginning we got a little shower as we approached Shoal Creek. Midway into the run my legs were feeling pretty good so I thought I'd test them a bit. So coming south on Speedway I turned it on and leaving the gang behind I managed to keep my splits negative all the way back to Runtex. I think it was roughly 14 miles in all with some sub sevens at the end. Not as long as I should have run, but it was a good strong run. Taking it easy this week really helped with the mysterious pains plaguing my leg and helped more than I realized with some mental exhaustion that I didn't even realize was setting in. Final mileage for the week was in the mid-40s. Too low with Chicago just around the corner... but I'm so glad that I took it easy. Next week I'm building back up to some crazy miles. Hope the leg can keep up..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home