Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Recovery Run? Says who ?

Two things to I learned from today's run.

1. I am faster than I think I am.
It was an awesome run for me today. I originally wanted to go out for an easy ten, maybe finishing with part of the bouldin route at the end. I happened to show up at 5:30 as the Gazelles were leaving for Austin High. Fletcher and Rudy were both thinking about swapping the circuit workout for a easy recovery run.. I pitched the route I was thinking about and they liked it so we set off for an easy ten, 8 ish pace is what Fletcher said. Yeah right!! this bring me to point two.

2. Don't let your big mouth write checks that your legs can't cash.
That's exactly what I did. What an idiot I am! Talking trash with Rudy and Fletcher.. with nobody else around. That's like waving a loaded gun around. I can't remember all the details but I know the first mile was a sub 7, and the rest weren't much slower. Ouch! Somehow I managed to keep up with these guys. The cool crisp air is the only thing that saved my butt today. It felt great to run so strong for so long. Pushing hard through the hills, never letting them get too far ahead, and finally at the end, a nice kick to swallow up the 40 or so yards that they had on me. Awesome Awesome.. Thanks guys for a great run.. A real confidence booster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home