Thursday, September 14, 2006

A day for running..

or so I thought. ACL is coming up this weekend and that pretty much means three back to back twelve hour work days, and not much time for running.. So today, Thursday, the calm before the festival, I was going to take the day off from work and have a nice long run. A day for running I thought. I was just going to run.... 10 miles or 15 or even more.. just lace up and go. maybe south, maybe north, maybe just around the trail. I got up late (that a relative term.. 8:00am) stumble to Runtex by 9:00, and just as I'm parking, I get a phone call from work. I know better than to answer. Ann Richards has passed away they tell me and you have to come in to do some kind of video.... Chit!!! I wasn't going in without at least a short run....So I click off an easy seven around town lake and, kinda frustrated, I go in to work... The whole time thinking about the long run I wanted to get in today. Hours pass, a video finally comes together and by 6:00pm I'm back on the trail, this time blazing around the four mile loop with a fellow Gazelle, then back to Mile marker zero for an easy couple of miles with Ashley and her dog Bey. So even though I didn't get my 'day for running' I did clock in a sporadic thirteen miles or so, some of it fast, some slow..but regardless I was out there. and I ran, and it felt good. The miles come really easy these days, recovery is quick, and the mental urges to stop or slow down, that have plagued me for so long, don't seem to be so strong anymore. I think the training is finally starting to pay off and Chicago is just around the corner !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home